Monday, July 7, 2014

Day One

Today begins our final week here in Pasadena, California. Next Monday our moving trailer will get picked up and will transport our belongings to our new life.  As I sit here in a blessedly quiet office on this morning I am grateful for the opportunity to pause, reflect, and give thanks for the past three years that Debra, Zach, Amos, and I have gotten to spend here in L.A.

When we moved here we didn't really have any idea what we were getting ourselves into, Debra was pregnant with Zach, we were leaving our families, friends, and really our entire lives behind in order to follow a call.  We were scared, excited, and nervous about what the future would hold for the 2 (3) of us.  But in the midst of that scared, nervous excitement there was also this peace that existed within our hearts.  We truly felt that this is where God was calling us to live and to serve, and when God calls, you go.  Looking back, I am so thankful we followed God's leading. It has been an incredible three years here in California.  Our family has grown, our lives have been enriched, and our faith has grown stronger.  Debra and I both have had the opportunity to serve beautiful congregations and we will not soon forget the ministry that has been done here.

But now, it is on to a new chapter.  We are headed home! Well, a new home anyway, but back to the Midwest.  We are moving to Oklahoma City and I am so excited about the opportunity to get to serve in youth ministry once again. I initially perceived my call to serve to be in youth ministry and I have missed the opportunity to share in those crazy, unpredictable, God-sized moments that only youth group, mission trips, and camp can provide.  I am grateful to God for calling me back into this blessed task and I am grateful to my new congregation, First Christian Church-Midwest City, OK for entrusting me with this sacred call.

The coming transition is the cause for the genesis of this blog. The title, "Live in Love," reflects the hope that this will be a space to share how love evident and abundant in this messy, mixed up, yet altogether beautiful world. I do not consider myself a writer and it is humbling for me to have you read what will prove to be raw, unfiltered, random thoughts.  I do hope that this will prove to be safe space to share thoughts, ideas, reflections, and ministry moments. 

"Love one another, as I have loved you..." ~ Jesus of Nazareth 





No comments:

Post a Comment